How to have sensitive conversations around death, dying and bereavement
This half-day training workshop, in partnership with Dying Matters Leeds, aims to help staff and volunteers, who work with people approaching end of life in Leeds to improve their confidence and communication skills around death, dying and loss.
The training would be most suitable for people who:
- Work face to face with bereaved people in Leeds such as: health and social care, housing support, adult care, volunteer bereavement workers.
- Have had little or no formal training in how to have sensitive conversations around death, dying and bereavement
What will the training cover?
This course aims to:
- give participants more confidence to hold sensitive conversations on death and loss in a safe space
- increase awareness and understanding around end of life planning, and bereavement
- explore when, and how, to signpost on to appropriate organisations
“It gave me the confidence to believe in my skillset”
“This was a fantastic way to learn”
“I feel more confident talking to people who have been bereaved/approaching end of life”
For more details or to register your interest in future sessions, please call 0113 225 3975 and leave a message with your contact details or email firstname.lastname@example.org.