Thanks to Five Ways to Wellbeing funding from Forum Central and Public Health at Leeds City Council we have recently received a grant to produce our revised bereavement leaflet and our new business card size bereavement signposting card.
These new publications will provide information on how to contact us following a bereavement, advice and support following a bereavement and more information about the Five Ways to Wellbeing campaign.
Five Ways to Wellbeing
Five Ways to Wellbeing has been researched and developed by the New Economics Foundation. It is a a set of evidence-based public mental health messages aimed at improving the mental health and wellbeing of the whole population.
- Connect | Good relationships are important for your mental wellbeing.
- Be active | Being active is not only great for your physical health and fitness. Evidence also shows it can also improve your mental wellbeing.
- Take notice | Paying more attention to the present moment can improve your mental wellbeing. This includes your thoughts and feelings, your body and the world around you.
- Learn | Research shows that learning new skills can also improve your mental wellbeing.
- Give | Acts of giving and kindness can help improve your mental wellbeing.
You can read more about Five Ways to Wellbing on the NHS website.
Our new resources will be available in October and will be shared with GP Practices; Leeds Libraries; Funeral Directors; Older People’s organisations and any other organisation who would be interested in receiving them.
If you would like copies of the card and leaflet or just more information in general please get in touch.
Share this post