Dying Matters Leeds aims to help people talk more openly about dying, death and bereavement, and to make plans for the end of life.
- Small Grant up to £200 is available for one off events
- Medium Grant up to £500 is available for applications with more than one event
- Large Grant up to £1,500 is available for arts based projects and performances
Organisations are invited to apply for a Dying Matters Leeds Community Grant to deliver an event/s or activity/ies in their local community during Dying Matters Week ***Please note Dying Matters Week is now 8 – 14 May 2023***
Dying Matters Leeds Partnership
The Dying Matters Leeds Partnership co-ordinates citywide work to open the conversation with local communities in Leeds about death, dying and loss and to enable people to plan for the last years of their life.
The Dying Matters Partnership works to support people to take five simple steps to make their end of life experience better, both for them and for their loved ones. These are:
- Write your will
- Record your funeral wishes
- Plan your future care and support
- Consider registering as an organ donor
- Tell your loved ones your wishes
We are inviting organisations and groups to apply for funding to run an event or activity, which may link to or be inspired by the above themes. To give you inspiration, below is a small selection of possible events.
- A social activity or event, with local or national Dying Matters resources on display (visit Leeds Public Health Resource Centre or the national Dying Matters website for access to resources) An afternoon of activities, including the screening of Dying Matters films and talks from local bereavement associations and funeral directors
- A Dying Matters arts competition
- A reminiscence session using memory boxes provided by the local museum
- The development or delivery of a creative performance or display aimed at engaging people to talk more and access support or resources.
Leeds Bereavement Forum is administrating the grants on behalf of the Dying Matters Leeds Partnership. Please read the Guidance Notes (.pdf) before you apply.
Please download and complete the Application Form (.doc)
- The deadline for submitting applications is 5pm, Friday 24 February 2023
- Applicants will be notified of the decision by Friday 17 March 2023
Applications will be assessed by a panel of representatives from the Dying Matters Leeds Partnership. Unfortunately, we have a limited budget so will be unable to fund all applications.
If you have any queries, please contact Leeds Bereavement Forum on 0113 225 3975 or email email@example.com
Share this post