Established in 1996, Leeds Bereavement Forum is a small charity which works to develop and improve bereavement services in the city.
- We signpost individuals to the most appropriate bereavement service either locally or nationally. You do not need to be referred to us, our service is free and open to all
- We provide training, information, events and conferences to people who work in the area of bereavement to support their professional development. We work in partnership with organisations across the city to improve the provision of bereavement services and identify gaps in bereavement support
- We campaign to help people talk more openly about dying, death and bereavement and to make plans for the end of life. We work in partnership with Dying Matters nationally and locally
- Jane Robinson | Manager
- Barbara Stewart | Development Worker
- Kathy Paul | Finance Administrator
- Xina Gooding Broderick | Chair | Owner/Funeral Director, Gooding Funeral Services
- Joanne Dyson | Treasurer | Acupuncture Practitioner at Acupuncture North Leeds (previously a Chartered Financial Analyst and worked in investment banking for eight years.)
- Emma Pickering | Secretary | Bereaved Carer Support, Carers Leeds and former volunteer at Cruse Bereavement Support in Leeds
- Simon Moran | Volunteer Recruitment Officer, MS Society
- Nadine Owens | Practising private client solicitor
- Hillary Wadsworth | Enhance Programme Manager / Good Practice Mentor Manager at Leeds Older People’s Forum
If you would be interested in joining the forum as a trustee, please get in touch.
To find out more about the bereavement networks we chair and facilitate visit Our Networks.