Basic Bereavement Skills
In partnership with Leeds City Council, we offer face to face Basic Bereavement sessions for free to voluntary and community groups in Leeds and Leeds City Council staff. However, due to COVID-19, all our future face to face training courses are postponed until further notice.
The training would be most suitable for people who:
- Work with bereaved people in general settings such as: health and social care, housing support, adult care, volunteer bereavement workers, faith and community groups
- Have had little or no formal training in bereavement
What will the training cover?
This three hour session introduces you to some of the basic theories about the grieving process and coming to terms with loss. It provides an opportunity for you to explore these ideas and develop your skills and awareness in a small group. The course includes:
- An introduction to bereavement and loss
- Theory overview
- Listening skills and personal losses exercise
- Short loss exercise with follow up discussion
- Small group exercise using a case history
“I liked learning more about the theories of bereavement and enjoyed the activities, such as active listening and the case study. I think the training was very interesting and useful.”
“This training I would highly recommend for any individual.”
Unfortunately, due to COVID-19, our face to face training courses on these dates are postponed until further notice:
Thursday 10 September 2020 Tuesday 8 December 2020
Tuesday 2 March 2021
For more information, please download a copy of the People Development Training Calendar (.pdf). For Leeds Council course bookings, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0113 378 5274.