Basic Bereavement Skills
In partnership with Leeds City Council, we offer Basic Bereavement skills sessions for free to voluntary and community groups in Leeds and Leeds City Council staff. Due to COVID-19, our face to face training course dates have been postponed, however, we are delivering two upcoming training sessions via Zoom.
The training would be most suitable for people who:
- Work with bereaved people in general settings such as: health and social care, housing support, adult care, volunteer bereavement workers, faith and community groups
- Have had little or no formal training in bereavement
What will the training cover?
This three hour session introduces you to some of the basic theories about the grieving process and coming to terms with loss. It provides an opportunity for you to explore these ideas and develop your skills and awareness in a small group. The course includes:
- An introduction to bereavement and loss
- Theory overview
- Listening skills and losses exercise
- Discussion on self care and signposting
“I liked learning more about the theories of bereavement and enjoyed the activities.”
“I feel more confident in dealing with bereavement now.”
Our Basic Bereavement training courses via Zoom will take place on these dates:
- Thursday 17 June 1-4pm
- Tuesday 12 October 9.30am-12.30pm
- Wednesday 19 January 1-4pm
For Leeds Council course bookings, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0113 378 5274.