Our in-house Basic Bereavement Skills training packages are currently available via Zoom for teams of professionals who work with bereaved people in a range of commercial organisations but who may have had little or no formal training in bereavement.
Who is the training suitable for?
Our previous corporate clients have included solicitors, financial planning advisors, funeral directors and funeral celebrants who deal with bereaved clients on a regular basis. We can deliver these training sessions in-house on Zoom for up to sixteen people.
*NEW* Supporting Bereaved People in the Workplace (1.5-2 hours)
This shorter session provides a brief overview of some recent bereavement theories and how lockdown has affected many people’s experience of loss and grief. It also includes:
- Some hints and tips on speaking to colleagues about bereavement
- Where to find further information on bereavement in the workplace
- Signposting people for further support
Half Day Basic Bereavement Skills Training (around 3 hours)
Our half day Bereavement Skills training session introduces some basic theories about the grieving process and develops skills and awareness around active listening. The training includes some powerpoint slides and uses breakout rooms for exercises and discussion in smaller groups.
At the end of the session participants should:
- Have an increased awareness and understanding of the grieving process, as well as bereavement and loss in the context of Covid-19 and lockdown
- Feel more confident to deal with bereaved clients and colleagues
- Feel more confident in recognising what is part of the ‘normal’ grieving process and when people may need signposting to further support
Some comments from recent training participants:
“Everyone’s grief is unique and listening and validating people’s experience is important”
“The training was structured, inclusive and organised which made it enjoyable. The facilitators delivered it very well. They made everybody feel at ease and able to ask questions.”
Prices for our bespoke in-house Basic Bereavement Packages start at £200 an hour for commercial firms. The cost depends on how much adaptation is required to meet your team’s training needs and we can be flexible on the length and timings of sessions so please discuss this with us. Please call 0113 225 3975 and leave a message with your contact details or email email@example.com.