We are delighted to announce that Leeds Bereavement Forum will be holding further Death Cafés in 2020. Working in partnership with Leeds Libraries, we will be arranging a number of Death Cafés at different community locations across the city. Please see below for details of dates, venues and times.
What is a Death Café?
At a Death Café people, often strangers, gather to eat cake, drink tea and discuss death. Death Cafés are an international movement dedicated to encouraging discussion about death and dying in a relaxed environment – a welcome opportunity to ask those awkward questions you always wanted to ask.
At the Leeds Libraries’ Death Cafés, library staff will also be offering a vast array of books available to loan relating to death, dying and bereavement and free refreshments will be available.
Dates, Venue and Times
- Thursday 30 January | Garforth Library and One Stop Centre | 10.30am-11.30am
- Tuesday 25 February | Moor Allerton Community Hub | 10.30am-11.30am
- Wednesday 4 March | The Reginald One Stop Centre | 10.30am-11.30am
- Wednesday 15 April | Morley Community Hub and Library Services | 11.30am-12.30pm
- Wednesday 13 May | Leeds Central Library | 11am-12 midday
- Tuesday 23 June | Guiseley Library | 10.30am-11.30am
Share this post