We are delighted to announce that Leeds Bereavement Forum will be holding further Death Cafés in 2019. Working in partnership with Leeds Libraries, we will be arranging a number of Death Cafés at different community locations across the city. Please see below for details of dates, venues and times.
What is a Death Café?
At a Death Café people, often strangers, gather to eat cake, drink tea and discuss death. Death Cafés are an international movement dedicated to encouraging discussion about death and dying in a relaxed environment – a welcome opportunity to ask those awkward questions you always wanted to ask.
At the Leeds Libraries’ Death Cafés, library staff will also be offering a vast array of books available to loan relating to death, dying and bereavement and free refreshments will be available.
Dates, Venue and Times
Tuesday 29 January | Moor Allerton Community Hub | 10.30am-11.30am Tuesday 26 February | Bramley Library | 2pm-3pm Tuesday 19 March | Morley Community Hub | 2pm-3pm Friday 26 April | The Tiled Hall Cafe in Leeds Central Library | 11am-12 midday Thursday 16 May | Horsforth Library | 10.30am-11.30am
- Thursday 20 June | Halton Library | 11am – 12 midday
- Wednesday 10 July | The Tiled Hall Cafe in Leeds Central Library | 11am-12 midday
- Wednesday 11 September | Oakwood Library | 11am-12 midday
- Tuesday 15 October | Moor Allerton Community Hub | 10.30am-11.30am
- Thursday 7 November | Middleton Library | 2pm – 3pm
- Tuesday 3 December | Bramley Library | 2pm-3pm
Share this post