1. New Online Webinar – Dealing with Bereavement and Loss during Covid-19
For individuals requiring a short bereavement awareness training session, you can book on our new online webinar. This short online training session can take place via Zoom.
The webinar would be most suitable for people who:
- are working in a variety of roles
- have clients who are bereaved
- have had little or no formal training in bereavement
What will the training cover?
- A short bereavement and loss exercise
- A basic introduction to some recent grief models and theory
- Self Care
- Signposting (with an emphasis on Leeds)
- Discussion of the impact of Covid-19 on bereavement and loss
How long is the session?
Two hours including a screen break at the half-way point.
The cost will be £50 per place. For further details and to book a place, please contact us
2. Online Basic Bereavement Skills Training for Groups
Whilst we are currently unable to offer our normal face-to-face training, we can deliver our Basic Bereavement Training course to your staff and volunteer teams via Zoom. The cost may vary depending on how much adaptation of the training is required, so please contact us for more information and prices, or please visit our Training page.
Our Basic Bereavement Skills training is suitable for a wide range of groups and individuals working with bereaved people in general settings such as health and social care, housing support, adult care, volunteer bereavement workers, faith and community groups.
This session introduces you to some of the basic theories about the grieving process and coming to terms with loss. It provides an opportunity for you to explore these ideas and develop your skills and awareness in a small group. The course includes:
- An introduction to bereavement and loss
- Theory overview
- Listening skills and personal losses exercise
- Short loss exercise with follow up discussion
- Small group exercise using a case history.
Comments from recent course attendees include:
“I liked learning more about the theories of bereavement and enjoyed the activities, such as active listening and the case study. I think the training was very interesting and useful.”
“This training I would highly recommend for any individual.”
For more information about the courses above, please call 0113 225 3975 or email email@example.com.
Share this post