Every year in May, Dying Matters Leeds host an Awareness Week, which gives an unparalleled opportunity to place the importance of talking about dying, death and bereavement firmly on the local agenda. This year’s theme is ‘Dying To Be Heard’.
Dying Matters Week
Dying Matters Week will run from 11 – 17 May 2020. Organisations are invited to apply for a Dying Matters Leeds Community Grant of between £50 and £200 to deliver an event in their local community.
We are inviting organisations and groups to apply for funding to run an event, which may link to or be inspired by the above themes. A Dying Matters Leeds Awareness Week event can be large, small or anywhere in-between. To give you inspiration, below is a small selection of possible events.
- A coffee morning, with Dying Matters Leeds resources on display
- A display featuring a tree of life graphic on which members of the public could post notes about improving services relating to death and dying
- A series of Death Cafes
- An afternoon of activities, including the screening of Dying Matters films and talks from local bereavement associations and funeral directors
- A Dying Matters arts competition
- A reminiscence session using memory boxes provided by the local museum
How to apply
For the third year Leeds Bereavement Forum is administrating the grants on behalf of the Dying Matters Leeds Partnership. Please read the Guidance Notes (.pdf) before you apply. You can also read our Terms of Reference (.pdf) for more information about the Dying Matters Partnership and the grant making process.
Please download and complete the Application Form (.doc)
- The deadline for submitting applications is 5pm, Friday 28 February 2020
Applicants will be notified of the decision by Friday 13 March 2020
Applications will be assessed by a panel of representatives from the Dying Matters Leeds Partnership. Unfortunately, we have a limited budget so will be unable to fund all applications.
If you have any queries, please contact Leeds Bereavement Forum on 0113 225 3975 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Share this post