We have received funding, from Leeds Community Foundation Harnessing the Power of Communities fund, to provide training and mentoring for third sector organisations working with older people in Leeds, interested in setting up bereavement support groups.
About the Training
The training programme is for staff who want to set up groups within their own organisations and has been devised with help from Sue Sutton at Carers Leeds. Sue runs a successful peer bereavement group at Cross Gates and District Good Neighbours’ Scheme CIO. The training includes:
- Basic bereavement skills and theories
- Discussion on self-care and the impact of Covid-19
- Facilitating a bereavement support group
The groups are small and we adapt the content to meet your needs. This means you will have the chance to ask questions and to meet with other local staff.
Meetings and training currently take place via Zoom. The next Zoom training dates in 2021 will be:
- Session One | Thursday 21 October 10am-12pm | An introduction to Basic Bereavement Skills
- Session Two | Thursday 11 November 10am-12pm | Facilitating a Bereavement Support Group
- Optional drop-in session | Thursday 2 December 10am-11am
Ideally, you would need to attend the first two dates but the third is flexible. Places are limited to two or three per organisation. If you would like more details, and/or are interested in taking part, please email Barbara Stewart
Share this post