We have received funding, from Leeds Community Foundation Harnessing the Power of Communities fund, to provide further training and mentoring for third sector organisations working with older people in Leeds, interested in setting up bereavement support groups.
About the Training
This training programme is for staff who want to set up groups within their own organisations and has been devised with help from Sue Sutton at Carers Leeds. Sue runs a successful peer bereavement group at Cross Gates and District Good Neighbours’ Scheme CIO. The training includes:
- Basic bereavement skills and theories
- Discussion on self-care and the impact of Covid-19
- Facilitating a bereavement support group
The groups are small and we adapt the content to meet your needs. This means you will have the chance to ask questions and to meet virtually with other local staff and volunteers.
We are planning to deliver further sessions in 2022, in person (if circumstances allow) and will confirm the dates and venue with participants:
- Session One | Half Day | An introduction to Basic Bereavement Skills
- Session Two | Half Day | Facilitating a Bereavement Support Group
Places are limited to two or three per organisation. If you would like more details, and/or are interested in taking part, please email Barbara Stewart
Share this post