Leeds Bereavement Forum offer a series of free monthly lunchtime Special Interest Group talks covering different issues surrounding death, dying and loss. Speakers cover a variety of subjects such as what makes a good funeral, advance decisions, end of life care and bereavement in Leeds hospitals and lots more. Open to all we hope our free talks will be the perfect networking opportunity and a different place to eat your lunchtime sandwiches!
From December 2016 until July 2017 Leeds City Museum is running a Dying Matters Exhibition. In partnership with Leeds Museums and Galleries our monthly talks during this time will run at Leeds City Museum. From August until December the talks will be at Oxford Place Centre. The talks will normally be held on the last Wednesday of the month from midday until 1pm.
Venue: Leeds City Museum
- 22 February | Mark Hibbert and Chris Stothard | Bereavement Services Co-ordinator and End of Life Care Nurse, The Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust | End of Life Care and Bereavement in Leeds hospitals
- 29 March | Sarah Jones | Full Circle Funerals | A Good Funeral
- 26 April | Professor Celia Kitzinger | Chartered Psychologist and Fellow of the British Psychological Society, University of York | Advance Decisions
- 24 May | Caroline Lloyd | Bereavement Counsellor currently researching for a PhD in bereavement | Grief Demystified
- 28 June | Ian Leech | Community Engagement Manager, St Giles Hospice | This Grieving Man – the death of my daughter and my bereavement experience
- 19 July |
Dr Sue Westwood | University of Keele | Invisible grief: Loss of a partner/significant other among older lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and queer LGBTQ people| Sadly Sue Westwood has had to postpone her talk until 2018 – in place of our regular monthly talk Leeds Bereavement Forum will be holding a Death Cafe in the City Museum cafe from midday till 1pm. All welcome.
To book your free place at our Leeds City Museum talks visit EventBrite
Venue: Oxford Place Centre
- 30 August | Stuart Todd | University of South Wales | Silent deaths – silenced bereavement – death, dying and learning disabilities
- 27 September | Xina Gooding Broderick | Hugh Gooding Funerals | Plan for Tomorrow – Thrive Today: How to plan for the inevitable and live a fulfilling life
- 25 October | Laura Pattison | Leeds Suicide Bereavement Service | Suicide Bereavement, we know it happens let’s talk about it
- 29 November | Julia Godfrey | TimeOut Rothwell | A Peer Support Bereavement Group: Take The First Step
- 13 December | Erica Buist | Writer, Journalist | The Deathtivals: a Macabre Grand Tour
To book your free place at our Oxford Place Centre talks visit EventBrite
Share this post