Leeds Bereavement Forum held a series of free monthly lunchtime Special Interest Group talks covering different issues surrounding death, dying and loss throughout 2017. Speakers covered a variety of subjects such as what makes a good funeral, advance decisions, end of life care and bereavement in Leeds hospitals and lots more.
2017 Monthly Talks
From August to December 2017, the talks were held at Oxford Place Centre and normally held on the last Wednesday of the month from midday until 1pm.
- 22 February | Mark Hibbert and Chris Stothard | Bereavement Services Co-ordinator and End of Life Care Nurse, The Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust | End of Life Care and Bereavement in Leeds hospitals
- 29 March | Sarah Jones | Full Circle Funerals | A Good Funeral
- 26 April | Professor Celia Kitzinger | Chartered Psychologist and Fellow of the British Psychological Society, University of York | Advance Decisions
- 24 May | Caroline Lloyd | Bereavement Counsellor currently researching for a PhD in bereavement | Grief Demystified
- 28 June | Ian Leech | Community Engagement Manager, St Giles Hospice | This Grieving Man – the death of my daughter and my bereavement experience
- 19 July |
Dr Sue Westwood | University of Keele | Invisible grief: Loss of a partner/significant other among older lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and queer LGBTQ people| Sadly Sue Westwood had to postpone her talk until 2018 – in place of our regular monthly talk Leeds Bereavement Forum held a Death Cafe in the City Museum cafe. 30 August | Stuart Todd | University of South Wales | Silent deaths – silenced bereavement – death, dying and learning disabilities Sadly Stuart Todd has had to postpone his talk until 2018.
- 27 September | Xina Gooding Broderick | Gooding Funeral Services | Plan for Tomorrow – Thrive Today: How to plan for the inevitable and live a fulfilling life
- 25 October | Laura Pattison | Leeds Suicide Bereavement Service | Suicide Bereavement, we know it happens let’s talk about it
- 29 November | Julia Godfrey | TimeOut Rothwell | A Peer Support Bereavement Group: Take The First Step
- 13 December | Erica Buist | Writer, Journalist | The Deathtivals: a Macabre Grand Tour
Share this post